- I have a 5k this Friday evening. It was the 5k that I ran last year that I PR'ed at and swore I wouldn't run again but here I am doing it again. Idiot. The weather is looking splendid!
I'm guessing a PR is not in the works for this race.
- I'm still lifting weights! For the past month, I have only been doing weights at home with what I had but this just wasn't cutting it. Since Monday, I have been going to the Y and doing Jamie Eason's Plan. I'm sure I look like an idiot scoping out all the machine and trying to find the one I need to use and how to use it but eventually I will get it. If anyone has any weight lifting programs/plans they use and have had great success with, let me know! Here is my one month comparison. Not much of a difference there...darn.
- Speed work seems to be working. I have done intervals one day of each week and my pace is picking up. That's always encouraging. We did a 13 mile long run this past weekend and I felt great the whole time and felt even better the next day. No soreness or anything (other then my tight hamstring) so I'm feeling pretty happy about that!
- I have a half marathon in a week and a couple days. It's also the day we are supposed to do our first 20 mile training run for the Cellcom marathon. I am thinking I will probably do 7 before the race like I did a couple years back during training. The one sad part about this is that I wanted to race the Oshkosh Half Marathon and if I'm running 7 before hand, I certainly am not going to be as fast as I would like to be. Once again, not much I can do about it though.
- This is all I have today and I don't really know how to end this post other then with a pointless bullet point. The end.