Wednesday, October 30, 2013

She's just like her Mom

My little runner did another 5k this past weekend and I couldn't be more proud.   That's two in just over a month.  We're going to end up going broke over registration costs but I love that she loves it and does so well with it.  


This time she picked the race.   She had heard about it and asked if she could do the Freaky 5k.   I run this area in Appleton every Tuesday and I know it's very hilly and warned her of this.   The last 5k she did was fairly flat.   She didn't mind and said she still wanted to run it so I talked my sister into doing it as well.



Once she crossed the finish line, she said that it was a horrible 5k.   Her time was 2 minutes slower than the previous 5k and she was not as excited when she finished.   Nothing is wrong with the 5k, she just hated the hills (why does no one listen to me?!). 



One month until our next 5k!  I am going to do Race for the Light with her in December and I can't wait. 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to her for finishing her second 5K! I'm sure you two will have fun with the one in December that you're doing together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those hills can really be a bitch. Still, I'm so impressed that she loves running so young!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that she loves 5ks. She is super speedy as well!

    ReplyDelete