Well, this is awkward.
I have this thing called a blog that I've neglected for something like a month now. It happens and I can't do anything about it. I needed a break and I took it for all it was worth but I'm back, kind of. There's a lot going on in life right now and I barely have time to sit down on the couch right now.
I'll recap it with a list because that makes it ridiculously easy to get everything out.
1. This winter really sucks balls! Like seriously! I am pretty damn proud of myself though as I continue to do a majority of my runs outside, in sub zero weather. Minus a few as of late, I kept it in the bitter coldness and everyone around me had to hear me bitch about it. Sorry guys.
2. My Raynauds is absolutely out of control this winter. Probably because of the previous mentioned weather. I finally went to the doctor and mentioned it to her to see if there is anything that can be done. She checked my hands and noticed they had a slow fill (of blood) and then asked to see my feet. They were already purple from Raynauds so she got to see it in full force and was pretty impressed with that. She said I could take blood pressure meds but my BP is low as it is so it will probably make me light headed and not well feel. I'm going to pass on that. She did warn me that I'm very susceptible to frost bite and I was pretty sure I was going to get frost bite and this previous weekends race.
3. This weekends race! Point Bock run was this weekend and it was horribly cold. Shocker. It also snowed the night before so the roads were slushy and slippery and made for not ideal race conditions. I'm happy to say that I was still able to knock out a 5 mile PR, which isn't saying much because I really suck at the 5 mile distance. I finished in 46:02.
|I'm an Ogre|
We didn't even stick around after the race for a free beer/hard cider. Instead we headed to a bar to avoid hypothermia. Bloody Mary's are either good or bad and I enjoyed a very good one with a limp piece of meat in it. Ha
4. My heath sucks right now! How's that for a downer. At my doctors appointment I also had my routine blood taken for Iron and a Complete blood count. I have been feeling pretty unwell lately and knew something wasn't right. Right away my CBC came back and my White Blood Cells, Red Blood Cells, Hemoglobin, Hematocrit, ABS Granulocytes, and Ferritin were all low. Ugh. I even take iron supplements and it's not getting better, as a matter of fact, worse. She ran a bunch of autoimmune disorder tests and thyroid tests and they all came back normal. Now I have an appointment with a hematologist in a couple weeks because it's beyond what my family practitioner deals with now. In situations like this, Google is not my friend. I basically either have a bone marrow problem or cancer, according to Google.
5. Training is going well so far but we are just now starting to get into the longer miles on the weekend. This weekend is 14 miles and thankfully it will be above 0 when we start. That is a reason for celebration but I'll be happy when I can retire my bright green running jacket for a few months. It's getting old and I feel like I wear the same thing running every time. Oh wait. I am.
I think that's it for now. Hopefully it's warmer where you are!